Our school supply drive is in full swing! We are collecting supplies to fill backpacks for students in PreSchool through 8th grade, including scissors, folders, 3-ring binders, pencils, erasers, rulers, pens, highlighters, and more.
Drop your donations off before August 4th at any of these public drop off sites in Sault Ste. Marie:
- United Way of the EUP, 511 Ashumun St., Suite 200
- Bayliss Public Library
- Smith & Co. Realty
- Soo Co-Op Credit Union (I75 Business Spur or Bingham St. Branch!)
- Sault Tribe of Chippewa Indians Administrative Building (downtown Sault)
- Central Savings Bank
- National Office Products & Printing, Inc.
- Chippewa County Health Departmenet
- MyMichigan Medical Center - Sault Ste Marie campus
- Cloverland Cooperative - Sault Ste Marie office
- Penny's Kitchen
- The Salvation Army Thrift Store
This event distributes an average of 500 backpacks to students both on the event day and after through local school offices and social workers. We strive to ensure students are excited and ready to learn in the upcoming school year.
We're not just about getting backpacks into the hands of children though; we also want this to be a fun family experience which is why we enlist the help of local partners to create a carnival atmosphere!
Join us on Aug 11 2023 at 11 a.m. on the field at Van Citters' (Sault High Athletic) Field on Seymore St. where we'll have bounce houses, a free lunch, loads of activities and fun games, and resources for local families with children!
We would love to have you volunteer with us for this event! To learn more or register CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER for Chippewa County Project Backpack events.