Our Volunteer Center provides several different areas of service. If you have any questions please contact us! We are always glad to let you know more about what we offer the Community.
- We provide Volunteer Opportunities for the public in the Luce, Chippewa & Mackinac County area.
- We help agencies find Volunteers for day to day tasks and larger events, these can be short or long term.
- We pre-screen Volunteers for ability, likes, time commitment including background checks for FREE.
- We focus on organized Youth Projects (11-18 yrs) for our Youth Volunteer Corps to build youth Volunteerism and create Leadership Opportunities for their future.
- We partner with agencies on projects for capacity building and relationships.
- We utilize VISTA and AmeriCorps Volunteers.
- Several times a year we offer Volunteer trainings for those people who utilize volunteers.
- We host an Annual Volunteer Luncheon to thank the Volunteers in our Tri-County area.
- Provide monthly Volunteer Recognition through small tokens and our Spotlight Recognition Program.
- We answer a variety of HELP calls from community members and those are listed in the reports below.
- We operate a Volunteer Reception Center (VRC) which is part of the 9-1-1 Disaster Response for our area through Tim McKee. United Way would handle donations of items, money and organize spontaneous volunteers for a crisis.
- and much more!
Stephen is our Volunteer Coordinator and he can answer any question. Call 906-632-3700 or email him directly at Stephen@UnitedWayEUP.org